Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Lorrie's Pop Life Art Blog!

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    This is a cool blog, which celebrates the art of celebrities! It's run by a gal named Lorrie.

    Lorrie says, "I just had to know more about Cherie and her chainsaw carving, so I contacted her
    and asked if she would answer a few questions for me."

    Check it out here:

    http://www.poplifeart.com/blog.html/529

    Well done, Lorrie!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I just had to know more about Cherie and her chainsaw carving, so I contacted her and asked if she would answer a few questions for me.

    Lorrie: How did you get started in chainsaw carving?

    Cherie: It was a natural progression really. I started as a sketch artist, went to painting and one day I was looking at a steer skull I'd painted on a table top and I just wanted to carve it out.. what you would call 'relief' carving. Since the table was oak I decided to buy a pine table top. I sketched a desert scene and carved it out with a dremal, stained and painted it. I thought it was fantastic! I continued doing different designs but found they were so time consuming. Then one day I was traveling to Malibu and came across a couple of guys chainsaw carving on the side of the road. I went into their gallery and saw these wonderful mermaids, tiki's, bears and thought 'I can do this'. I showed my tables to Rio, the man that owned the gallery and asked if he would take me on. He said yes! I started right away but realized that you really can't teach someone how to chainsaw carve. He taught me how to not kill myself with the saw but if I couldn't see the 'piece' I was carving in the wood, I couldn't do it.
    I was lucky. It came fairly easy.

    Lorrie: Does chainsaw carving require any special training?

    Cherie: Just a creative mind and a fearless heart. Protective gear is the most important. Make sure you use the right tools properly and never take risks. Chainsaws are powerful and dangerous tools. You need to be prepared at all times for something to go wrong. Grinders are even more dangerous. Even the most skilled can get hurt. Take your time, be careful and never carve alone if you can help it.

    Lorrie: Do you think that being a well-known singer and musician has any impact on your career as an artist?

    Cherie: Not yet! Most people don't recognize me or even know I had a career in show business. I make art they like and that has mattered the most to me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm gonna de-top this topic now folks.
    Don't forget to bookmark Lorrie's Pop Life Art Blog.
    It's a very cool site,
    for sure!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic